Hidden Messages & Nods to Our Favorite Films
An “easter egg” is a hidden message, inside joke, or reference to something that is inconspicuously (or sometimes blatantly) included in a movie, song, book, or other artistic medium. The comedy genre provides many fun opportunities to play with easter eggs. Bigfoot Killed My Wife has several nods to scenes we love from popular movies. See if you can find them! We’ll help you with a few of the major easter eggs by giving you some hints below. This website also contains a few easter eggs for the movie so as you browse around, pay attention…
Harry & The Hendersons
Of course, it’s only fitting that our Bigfoot movie has an homage (or two) to the best Bigfoot movie of all time!
The 20th century ended with one of the coolest science fiction movies in years. Bigfoot Killed My Wife contains a silly action sequence that takes its hat off to The Matrix.
Old School is one of Eric & Hallie’s favorite comedies and one of the first films they watched together. Bigfoot Killed My Wife includes a nod to their favorite punchline from that film.
The Ten Commandments
When Eric was growing up, he watched the classic film The Ten Commandments countless times with his mom. Bigfoot Killed My Wife has a comedically botched version of a famous line from this movie.
Bigfoot Killed My Wife features a major prop from GPS the Movie and another one from Last Seen in Idaho (two of Fireshoe’s past films). It also includes a scene that has recurred in a variety of ways in more than one of our films.
Don’t miss the special clown that had its debut in the short film Mistaken and often pops up for a cameo in Fireshoe’s projects.
Report Bigfoot Sightings
Bigfoot Killed My Wife introduces a character named Norm who is a self-described “Sasquatch Aficionado,” and he wants a good review at Squatchfinder.net. Go there now to report your own sightings or stories about Bigfoot.
Other Hidden References
Did you find any other nods to our past films, tributes to famous films, or hidden pop culture references? Send us a message and tell us what you found, and we’ll send you a private link to a special “Behind the Scenes” video of the Making Of the Movie.
Still photography and artwork credits top to bottom:
1. Isley Rae as “Ellie.” Photo credit: JC Campos/Whispered Films Productions
2. Hallie Shepherd as “Suze.” Photo credit: JC Campos/Whispered Films Productions
3. Harry and the Hendersons movie poster, Universal Pictures
4. The Matrix movie poster, Warner Bros. Entertainment
5. Old School movie poster, Dreamworks Pictures
6. The Ten Commandments, Paramount Pictures
7. Last Seen in Idaho movie poster, Fireshoe Productions
8. GPS the Movie poster, Fireshoe Productions
9. During blocking rehearsal, Hallie Shepherd snaps a selfie with the cast. Photo credit: Lorie Campolo/Beaux Arts Studio
10. Norm Mays as “Norm.” Photo credit: Linda Shepherd/indieStills.com